After creating a letter, you'll be able to send it to your patient or other third party, such as the patient's referring doctor! You can download the letter as a PDF and send it from your email address, or you can send it directly from Cliniko (we'll walk you through the steps for doing that here!).
Send a letter to a patient or other third party
Click on Letters, and then you'll see a list of existing ones:
Click the Email button:
You will see a few options when preparing to send it as an email:
When emailing a letter, you can:
- Send the letter to the patient themselves.
- Send the letter to someone else (like a referring doctor or contact).
- Send the letter to both the patient and other recipients.
- Change the subject if need be.
- Select the email address the letter should be sent from (either the main clinic address, or your own).
- Send the letter as the content of the email itself, or as a PDF attachment.
- Add additional body text if you are sending the letter as an email attachment.
Click the Send email button, and that letter will be sent off to the respective parties!
☝️ Note: The benefit to sending a letter from Cliniko is that you can have a record of it in the communications log! If you'd prefer to handle things outside of Cliniko, though, you can always download the letter as a PDF, and then either email it from your own inbox, or print it off and send it the old-fashioned, snail-mail way! 🐌 📬