As Cliniko continues to be developed, its capabilities will eventually surpass what older browsers are able to do. Keeping your browser up-to-date ensures Cliniko is working at it's best and keeps you protected.
If your browser is too out of date when visiting Cliniko, you'll see the following:
This article will cover how you can update the following browsers (desktop versions):
Updating Google Chrome
Updates to Google Chrome usually happen automatically when you close and reopen your computer's browser. But if you haven't closed your browser in a while, you may need to manually check and update your browser:
- On your computer, open Chrome if it isn't already.
- At the top right, click More (indicated by 3 vertical dots).
- Select Update Google Chrome (if you don't see this option, you're on the latest version).
- Click Relaunch.
Updates to Firefox usually happen automatically when you close and reopen your computer's browser. But if you haven't closed your browser in a while, you may need to manually check and update your browser:
- On your computer, open Firefox if it isn't already.
- Within the menu bar, click the "Firefox" menu and select "About Firefox".
- The About Firefox window will open. Firefox will begin checking for updates and downloading them automatically.
- When the updates are ready to be installed, click Restart to update Firefox.
For Mac computers, the Safari web browser is installed and updated as part of macOS.
To keep Safari up to date for the version of macOS you're using, use the App Store to install the latest macOS updates.
Updates to Edge usually happen automatically when Windows 10 is updated. So to keep Edge up to date, you need to keep your Windows 10 installation up to date.
To update Windows 10:
- Click the Start button
- Click Settings
- Select "Updates & Security
- Click "Windows Update"
- Click "Check for updates"
- When the update is installed you will get the latest version of Edge.
☝️Note: If your browser isn't listed above, that doesn't mean it's not supported by Cliniko! If you see a warning about your current browser and no additional updates are available to your browser, though, we recommend downloading an alternative browser (our current favorite is Google Chrome).
If you still need any assistance updating your browser, please reach out to us and we can help out!