When filling out fields and forms within Cliniko, some information may be saved within your browser using a feature called Autofill:
While some of this information may be your personal details, Autofill can also save patient data when this feature is enabled! 😱
To protect you and your patient's data, we recommend turning Autofill for forms OFF!
Below we'll discuss how to disable Autofill for the following browsers:
Turn off Autofill in Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More (indicated by 3 vertical dots) → Settings.
- Click on 'Addresses'
- Turn off Autofill forms.
Turn off Autofill in Safari
- On your Mac, open Safari.
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- When the preferences box appears, click on the Autofill tab.
- Uncheck all the boxes (except user names and passwords if you use Safari to maintain your login information).
Turn off Autofill in Firefox
- On your computer, open Firefox.
- Access the Menu (indicated by 3 vertical lines) and choose Preferences.
- Select the Privacy & Security in the sub-menu.
- In the Forms & Passwords section, remove the check mark next to Autofill addresses to turn it off.
- In the History section on the same page, remove the check mark next to Remember search and form history.
Turn off Autofill in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Select the More actions button (indicated by 3 horizontal dots) .
- Select Settings → Profiles.
- Select Addresses and more, and move the "button" to the left, which will disable saved addresses.
☝️Note: These steps may change depending on your browser version or future updates to Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge.
We will do our best to keep this up to date for you but if you have an older version and need help turning off Autofill, don't hesitate to reach out to us!