Adding patients to a group appointment is slightly different than your usual appointments! We'll walk you through how to do it.
Add patients to group appointments
Head to the Appointments page, and find the appointment on the calendar:
Click on it, and you'll see a pop-up box that looks like this:
Click the Add patient button, and you can type in an existing patient's name, or add a new patient (just like you can with a "regular" appointment!):
There will be a few notable differences, though!
- If you have the group appointment scheduled to repeat, you can add the patient to just this appointment, to all of them, or just select ones.
- The way the patient(s) display in the group appointment will be different from the way a patient displays in a regular appointment.
Below is an example of adding a patient to all repeats of this pilates class:
But, if this patient can't attend all ten, you can add them for just specific ones:
When you've added your patient to the ones they know they can attend, click the Add to group button:
Now, you'll see that you've added your first patient to that group appointment, and it will look like this:
Now, you can follow that process for any patient that you need to add to a group appointment!
Once you've added patients to your group appointments, you'll see the appointment display on the calendar like this:
It will indicate how many patients are attending this particular appointment.
If you click on the appointment, you will see a pop-up box that shows you who is attending, along with something that looks a bit different:
You may notice a few symbols next to each patient's name!
Appointment symbols: these provide information about this patient attending this appointment, paying for it, etc:
The patient's name also acts as a button: if you click their name, you'll see information about this patient, such as a note about the appointment, arrived status, invoice status and a link to the treatment note:
- The Arrived & Did not arrive buttons: Clicking these will mark the patient as "Arrived" or as a "Did not arrive (DNA)".
- The Add a payment button: This will open an invoice, pre-loaded with the appointment information. We recommend using this button when invoicing to reduce potential error and save time!
- The Add treatment note button: This acts as a shortcut to open a new treatment note.
- An Edit attendee note & Add a note link: Clicking this will let you add/edit the note for this patient.
- A Cancel booking button: Clicking this will give you the option to cancel the appointment for this patient.
- An Archive button: This will let you remove the patient from this appointment.
Clicking Back to all patients will collapse the extra info and let you see the full group again.
Now that you know how to add patients to group appointments, have fun! 🎉 And if you have any questions about anything, feel free to chat with our support team by clicking the "chat bubble" in the lower-right corner! 💬