If you've imported any data into Cliniko (currently, you can import Patients, Contacts, Products, and Billable Items), you have the ability to delete the import, on two conditions:
- You are an Administrator, and,
- It has been less than 48 hours since the data was imported.
⚠️ Before you get started, there are a few important things to note about deleting a data import:
- Deleting a data import is irreversible. Anything that was in that import will be removed from Cliniko.
- 🚨If you delete a Patients import, it will delete anything that has since been created for those patients—such as appointments, treatment notes, invoices, etc. Please keep all legal obligations in mind before deleting. 🚨
- If you delete a Billable Items or Products import, historical data will not be affected. Old invoices and reports will still have records of what you sold, even if the items were part of a deleted import. The only exception to this is if you try to edit an invoice that had a deleted item on it—the item (which would have since been deleted) will subsequently be removed from the invoice. You will need to manually add it back into Cliniko as a product or billable item.
Okay, now that we've got that squared away, let's learn how to delete an import! 👍
Delete a aata import
Head to Settings, and then Data imports:
You'll see a list of all the data you've ever imported. If it has been less than 48 hours, you'll see the option to delete:
After clicking the Delete button, you'll see a warning message that asks you to confirm that you do, indeed, wish to delete this import:
After you select OK, your import will commence the deletion process.
☝️Note: Depending on how many items were in your import, it might take a few minutes for everything to be deleted. You may see the status as "Deleting" during this time. Feel free to navigate away from the page and go about your business; Cliniko will process everything behind the scenes!
When the process is done, you won't see your import in the list any longer. And that's it—now your data is deleted.
If it's been longer than 48 hours and you need to delete the import, feel free to reach out to our friendly support team for assistance! 💬