Exporting Data From Front Desk
If you're using Front Desk as your practice management program and are making the switch to Cliniko, you definitely want to be able to move your patients from Front Desk and into Cliniko! We've made a little guide to help you.
First, get your data from Front Desk.
- Log into Front Desk, and then click on Reports → Patient List.
- A patient list window will appear with several filtering options. To get all data under Patients, check All.
- Under Report Type, check Patient List.
- Uncheck any other filter options.
- Click the Export button on the right hand side of the window.
- Choose Excel.
Next, save your data as a CSV file.
Once you've exported the file to Excel, you'll need to save it as a CSV file (which is the type of file Cliniko requires). When in Excel, you can go to File → Save As, and select CSV as the file type.
Once that's finished, you can follow the steps for importing it into Cliniko!
👆 Note: Unfortunately, beyond this guide, Cliniko cannot help with this initial step of getting the data. Once you have it, we can help with importing it, but we won't be able to get the data from Front Desk for you. If you're having trouble getting your data, we recommend reaching out to their support team, as they'll know best! Just tell them that you need a CSV file of your patients!